Friday, June 02, 2006

"Why Are You Going To Iran?"



A few months ago I decided to join a Reality Tour with Global Exchange to Iran. Since then, I've been asked the bewildered question "why?" by Americans and Persians alike. Associating Iran with the media headlines, my misinformed American friends tell me to look out for terrorists and that I'd better brush up on some basic Arabic (not Farsi). My new Persian acquaintances, on the other hand, are at first a little confused but warm up quickly as they tell me how hospitable everyone will be since I'm a Westerner - not a trace of worry or fear in their eyes. By Monday night, I will touch down in Tehran and make my own opinion.

2 Comments:

Blogger Parham said...

Go for it!
Never mind the bollocks!
More power to ya! I'll be reading your blog just in case you need anything. :-)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Khakra said...

have a good one matey. always root for folks who go against the grain (here, the grain is america's so-called messed up ideologies!)

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home