Sunday, June 04, 2006

To Err In The Air

I'm inherently lucky - always have been. So when my Air France flight through Paris was cancelled I called on lady luck and played the "Iran" card, dramatizing a very important meeting in Tehran on Tuesday that could not be missed. The wide-eyed booking agent gave me the once-over finding it in her throat to say "Iraaan?". Twenty minutes later I'm resheduled to land at 6AM Tuesday in Mehrabad Int'l as the other passengers make their way to a comped hotel for the night. This is fun already - the mystery of Iran can come in handy.

My next exchange was a little more disappointing however. Of all people, I thought airline employees couldn't be phased by the novelty of a less-traveled destination - but more importantly, I would've guessed they could pronounce the name of major cities. According to a seasoned agent at Delta, I am now waiting for a flight to "TI-ran". Yes, he has now been corrected and will not make that mistake again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Khakra said...

keep writing!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home